A surprising feature of the InterSystems Cache ODBC driver is that in Windows Programs and Features, all versions are listed as version 1.00.0000. If you download version 2010.1.2.600.0, it is listed as version 1.00.0000 in Programs and Features. If download version 2018.1.2.309.5, it too is listed as version 1.00.0000. So how can you see which version of the Cache ODBC driver you have installed?
Method 1: File Properties
The first option is to locate the dll on the file system and look at it’s properties.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InterSystems\Cache.
- Right-click on CacheODBC.dll and select Properties.
- Select the Details tab.
- You will see the version listed under File version and Product version.
Method 2: Test Connection
The second option is to test your Data Source in the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Launch ODBC Data Sources (32-bit).
- Select the DSN tab that has an InterSystems Cache data source.
- Select a Data Source with the InterSystems ODBC driver and select Configure…
- Select Test Connection.
- Look for the line that begins with “Driver Version = ” to identify your driver version. (Note: this does not require the test to be successful)
I hope you found that helpful.